Information Advice and Guidance (IAG)
Beauty Oasis Spa and Academy Information Advice and Guidance (IAG) Policy
To deliver a high quality, free and impartial information advice and guidance service, to enable staff and students to make well informed and realistic decisions on their pathway to employment.
- To empower staff and students to become more self-reliant and better positioned to manage their personal circumstances, health and wellbeing in order to achieve their career goal.
- To develop staff and students employability skills in line with their agreed career goal.
- To facilitate any work placements from college and schools to develop knowledge and experience in line with their career goal to see if the Beauty Industry is the correct route for them.
- To support any students to secure and sustain work, including continued career development.
What staff and students should expect
An IAG service that:
- is free
- individually tailored to meet your needs
- takes into account personal circumstances; a whole household approach
- provides information that is easy to access and understand, clear, relevant and up to date
- embeds equality and diversity throughout all of the provision
- treats you with respect
- provides a clean, safe and comfortable environment
IAG staff who:
- are experienced and qualified
- continually undertake relevant training to update their knowledge and understanding
- are friendly, helpful and professional
A minimum level of service that:
- will introduce you to the service and have an agreement with you about expectations
- provide you with a personalised action plan and define your career goal(s)
- ensures regular contact and reviews e. once a month face to face appointments for students and biannually for staff.
- tracks and measures personal progression
- facilitates a range of interventions to address your health needs including CBT courses, 1-2-1 lifestyle advice and peer to peer support
- offers mock interviews, voluntary opportunities and access to an IT suite for job searching and online training
- will work with employers to match you to vacancies and facilitate ‘working interviews’.
- will provide support to you whilst in work to help you stay in work and progress your career.
- will signpost you to other services when it is beyond their expertise
An IAG service that will embed quality by:-
- undertaking service observations to ensure we offer impartial, unbiased IAG
- auditing staff and students records to ensure that minimum service levels are being offered
- fostering partnerships to maximise the opportunities available to help you progress
- retaining relevant quality standards including Investors In People status and The Matrix Standard assessment.
- being a disability confident employer
- adopting a ‘test and learn’ approach
How you can work with us to co-design our service:
- work with you to ascertain and understand your IAG needs and how you think these can be best met.
- welcome suggestions for improvement
- offer you the chance to say what you think about the IAG and provision you were offered/given
- tell you who to contact and what to do if you’re unhappy with any part of our service
- collate and analyse feedback from students and staff forums in a ‘you said, we did’ format
This service and policy is delivered in accordance with the principles of the nationally recognised matrix quality standard (www.matrixstandard.com)
Other beauty courses and apprenticeship providers
City of Bristol College
0117 312 5000
College green Centre
St Georges Rd
University of Bath